Birth Name: James Dornan
Birth Place: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Date of Birth: May 01, 1982
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Profession: Actor; musician; model
Height: 6’0 / 183
Waist: 30 / 76
Collar: 15 / 38
Suit: 48 / 96
Shoe: M 42 / 8
Hair Color: Brown
- Formed the folk band Sons of Jim and the record label Doorstep Records with his college friend David Alexander.
- Dropped out of college to pursue a modeling career.
- Attended University of Teesside, Middlesbrough, England
- Was a Calvin Klein model.
- Was the face of the 2007 campaign for men’s cologne Dior Homme.
- Actress Greer Garson was his grandmother’s first cousin, making Greer and Jamie first cousins, twice removed.
- Played a serious level of rugby in his native Northern Ireland.
- Is a huge Manchester United fan and is a season ticket holder.
- Was in a relationship with actress Keira Knightley from 2003 to 2005. They met on the set of an Asprey photo shoot in 2003.
- His mother, Lorna, died of pancreatic cancer when he was just 16 years old.
- Is very good friends with fashion journalist Hadley Freeman as well as actors Andrew Garfield and Eddie Redmayne. They were all looking for acting work around the same time.
- Met wife Amelia Warner in 2010 through mutual friends at a party in Hollywood, California.
- Is the youngest of three children. He has two older sisters, Liesa and Jessica.
- Resides in Notting Hill, London, England. Also owns and spends time at his cottage in The Cotswolds.
- Prefers to keep a beard and not shave at all. He had to be clean shaven for the role of Christian Grey in Fifty Shades of Grey (2015).
- Suffers from asthma.
- Once shared an apartment with Eddie Redmayne.
- Has stated that in his free time that he enjoys golfing and reading.
- Had a 2-minute cameo in Burnt (2015) that didn’t make it to the final cut, it was part of Sienna Miller’s character’s backstory. The scene was disapproved by the audience in test screenings and was removed from the movie.
- Has two children with Amelia Warner: A daughter named Dulcie Dornan, born in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada in late November of 2013; and a second daughter, born in mid-February 2016.